[antlr-interest] Java code generator memory optimization

Gerald B. Rosenberg gbr at newtechlaw.com
Thu Sep 29 15:29:11 PDT 2005

At 02:38 PM 9/29/2005, you wrote:

> [...]

Bull.  Yours was the luxury!  I wire-wrapped my first 8080 system with just
4Kbytes of 750ns memory.  The 8224 crystal was not stable above 700KHz.  I
had to build an 8207 UVEProm programmer (and power supplies) and write my
own boot monitor just to get the thing to run!

The Cambridge was a Z80A-based system that came with a Basic
interpreter.  Anyone who worked with the real (original) Z80 knows that it
came with an errata sheet that was as thick as the programmer's manual.  I
think I still have it.  Now that was a programming challenge.

Try and top that you old softy!!

;-)
----
Gerald B. Rosenberg, Esq.
NewTechLaw
285 Hamilton Avenue, Suite 520
Palo Alto, CA  94301-2576

650.325.2100  (office)  /  650.703.1724  (cell)
650.325.2107  (facsimile)

www.newtechlaw.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This email message (including any attachments) is
being sent by an attorney, is for the sole use of the intended recipient,
and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately by reply e-mail
and delete all copies of this message and any attachments without retaining
a copy.