[antlr-interest] ANTLR and Unit Testing

Scott Amort jsamort at rogers.com
Sat Apr 1 12:06:24 PST 2006

Hi All,

I've been working on a C++ compiler project that uses ANTLR generated
code.  I have a working lexer, parser and treewalker and am now
evaluating the best way to integrate some unit testing into my code.  My
current plan is to use the Boost Unit Test Framework, but I'm not yet
100% committed to that.  What I was hoping to discover is what approach
others have gone with in similar situations.  Do many ANTLR users here
use unit testing?  If so, what is your general strategy on approaching
writing your test cases?  And finally, if any does have some specific C
++ examples that I could look at, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks very much,
Scott