[antlr-interest] Re: Very badly need another host

Ahmed Mohombe amohombe at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 12 02:05:21 PDT 2006

> I am really badly looking for a new hosting provider. I have the
> following requirements-
> asp.net <http://asp.net> 1.1
> java 1.4
> mysql db
> 4gb transfer
> 24/7 tech supprt
>
> Last time I asked, I got 2 replies pointing to the following-
> ixwebhosting.com <http://ixwebhosting.com> - Doesnt support java
> metawerx.com.au- Their email support hasnt replied in over 20 hours and
> their free trial doesnt work in india.
Why don't you try with a "root server". There you can install everything
you want and how you want. For such cases you also need mostly no tech support
as with root access you can do with SSH everything you want.
The costs are also not much higher and depending on the Service Provider, one
can host many sites and applications on the same server, thus reducing the costs per site
even more than one could do with a simple hosting.
I'm not sure what about India, but there are many international providers that accept payments
with credit cards so it is not important for them where the customer lives.

Ahmed.