[antlr-interest] controlling tree sequence in a parser

Bryan Ewbank ewbank at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 11:37:36 PDT 2006

Since you cannot have a list of nodes as a root, the question you ask
has the answer "you can't do that".

What, exactly, are you trying to do?  Simply discard the "from" and
preserve the tree constructed below?  If so, the syntax to discard the
"from" and keep the rest is this:

select_expression
            :
         "select"  select_list
         "into"       variable_list
         "from"!     table_reference_list

Again, this is a guess based on what I think you might be asking. To
give a better answer requires a better understanding of what you
need...