[antlr-interest] Creating a main() for C++ code, passing params on command line

Paul D Watson pwatson at knightsbridge.com
Sat Apr 15 14:58:12 PDT 2006

It is clearly evident that I am new to antlr.  I have searched quite a bit
through the ANTLR Reference Manual and with Google to find out about how a
main() is created for antlr generated programs.  There are main.cpp and
Main*.cpp files around in the examples directory.  But I am hoping to find
some reference documentation that will tell what must, or must not, go
into a main() for antlr generated programs.

Ultimately, I would like to pass parameters on the command line for the
parser and lexer to use.  Things such as debug_level to indicate the
amount of debug output desired or language_dialect which would allow the
same processor to handle multiple dialects of a language.  The only way I
see to do this now is to embed them into the grammar .g file.

Please point me in the right direction.  Thanks.