[antlr-interest] antlr python-grammar

Loring Craymer craymer at warpiv.com
Tue Apr 18 16:59:05 PDT 2006

I can do something about that.  However, I have to ask what you intend to
use it for--just for pretty printing (minimal tree structure requirements)
or for custom analysis (probably with specific structure requirements).  How
I annotate the parser grammar depends on the answer--there are multiple
possible tree structures.

I did the original version of the parser grammar as a machine translation of
the grammar that comes with the Python distro; Ter modified it a bit and
added the lexer for use in the classroom.  Neither of us took it far enough
to need a tree grammar:  at the time, I just wanted to do a BNF translator
as a matter of sheer elegance; Ter needed something simple for classroom
use.

--Loring