[antlr-interest] ANTLR3 tutorial

Martin Probst mail at martin-probst.com
Thu Aug 3 02:08:59 PDT 2006

> I think you are correct though that you should be
> careful that this is a better method than the many available binding
> methods. But I think there are some cases where this is warranted. If
> you have a more complicated schema (constraints not expressible in an
> XSD would be the ultimate example) that doesn't map so easily to the
> object model you want for instance. And if you want to support
> multiple languages then this seems as good a candidate as any other
> proprietary binding mechanism.

There are certainly cases where these XML beans alike tools fail, and
that XML Schema was a bad idea is not new to anyone ...

The point is, it's somewhat like with the magic rule of optimisation:
1. Don't do it
2. (For real experts) Do it later

If you fancy writing your own XML parser
1. Don't do it
2. (For real experts) Only do it if you've tried everything else

Martin