[antlr-interest] Unicode Support

Loring Craymer lgcraymer at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 4 15:56:12 PDT 2006

2.7.1 is ancient (well over 5 years old); you should upgrade to 2.7.6.  It probably will not require grammar changes, although there could be minor ones, and it should be compatible with whatever version of the JDK you are using (1.2 or better).  I believe that unicode support has improved; 2.7.1 would be the first "real" release and there were many bug fixes after that.

--Loring

srinivasan.subramanian at tcs.com wrote:
Dear Martin,
                I am using Antlr 2.7.1 and Java. I want Antlr to accept the japanese characters. I am not validating them. Pls tell me what i shud do.

 Srinivasan Subramanian
 Assistant Systems Engineer
 Tata Consultancy Services Limited
 Mailto: srinivasan.subramanian at tcs.com
 Website: http://www.tcs.com

   Martin Probst <mail at martin-probst.com>  08/04/2006 03:49 PM
 srinivasan.subramanian at tcs.com   cc
 antlr-interest at antlr.org   Subject
 Re: [antlr-interest] Unicode Support

Hi,

 there is a Unicode example in the C++ directory, as far as I know. If
 you need help, it might be beneficial to tell the list what version
 of ANTLR your using, if your using C++ and what do you exactly mean
 by "recognizing" unicode characters? Accepting them, or checking if
 the input is valid e.g. UTF-8 or UTF-16?

 Martin

 Am 04.08.2006 um 12:08 schrieb srinivasan.subramanian at tcs.com:

 > Hi,
 >
 > Can anyone please tell me How to make antlr recognize unicode
 > characters (for eg.Japanese characters) in Lexer in ANTLR?
 > Any direction in this regard will be of great help.
 >
 > Regards,
 > Srinivasan Subramanian
 > Assistant Systems Engineer
 > Tata Consultancy Services Limited
 > Mailto: srinivasan.subramanian at tcs.com
 > Website: http://www.tcs.com=====-----=====-----===== Notice: The
 > information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to
 > it may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are
 > not the intended recipient, any dissemination, use, review,
 > distribution, printing or copying of the information contained in
 > this e-mail message and/or attachments to it are strictly
 > prohibited. If you have received this communication in error,
 > please notify us by reply e-mail or telephone and immediately and
 > permanently delete the message and any attachments. Thank you

ForwardSourceID:NT00036B4E