[antlr-interest] Is it possible?

vak bottyán ione at citromail.hu
Sat Aug 5 10:54:20 PDT 2006

					Hi!I am newbie to ANTLR. Before I dig myself into it, I
would like to get some affirmation, that I am choosing the right mean
for my work. I am creating a Java program for matrix calculations (with
heavy swing support). My plan is to create a formula editor for the
matrix-operations. I would like to evaluate expressions similar to
adj(((A + B)*C^-1 - D^3)^T) where capital letters are nominating 2D
matrices and adj=adjungate, ^-1=inverse, ^n=power (where, n=0,1,2..),
^T=transpose of a matrix. In most of the cases, before executing a
matrix-operation, it has to be checked if the given operation can be
executed at all (depending on the type of the matrices). So the
operations are usually made up by
several different algorithms.What do you suggest, should I write an own expr-evaluator specific to my case, or rather use ANTLR?thx,ione