[antlr-interest] ANTLR 3 & hidden token management?

Terence Parr parrt at cs.usfca.edu
Mon Aug 7 14:56:36 PDT 2006

On Aug 6, 2006, at 6:10 PM, Prashant Deva wrote:

> The channel stuff is nice, but I dont seem to like the syntax
> 'channel=99'.

Hi Prashant,

  I like the simple idea of an assignment, but you're right: 99 is
kind of random.  As Kay points out later any number will work and
there is no such thing as a particular channel all the than the one
that the parser is listening to. the user can come up with whatever
constants they want and use them like
constant=MY_CHANNEL_OF_WEIRD_STUFF; with no problem.

> I have also noticed in quite a few places that people (esp
> newcomers) seem to find the antlr syntax too confusing.

  that is an assignment statement... not sure where the confusion
would come in other than the constant. it is a problem of
documentation not the tool I would say.

Ter