[antlr-interest] (V3) Heterogeneous ASTs

Terence Parr parrt at cs.usfca.edu
Wed Aug 9 10:33:33 PDT 2006

On Aug 8, 2006, at 4:29 PM, Sean Walton wrote:

> I noticed that 2.7 supports heterogeneous trees.  The syntax for it
> is not supported in 3.0 (yet?), but can I do the same thing by
> doing a {this.setTreeAdaptor(specialAdaptor);} ?

Yep :) simply override the create method to make it build different
type nodes based upon the tokenType coming in.

   Later, we will support more specific typing like 2.7 or something
more impressive.  Emond Papegaaij is currently working on some very
interesting ideas in this area. I'm assuming he will provide a public
link to his report once it is completed.

Terence