[antlr-interest] Parsing Binary Files with ANTLR V3.x? Any examples?

jarrod roberson jarrod at vertigrated.com
Wed Aug 9 11:08:17 PDT 2006

anyone have any examples on how to parse binary files with ANTLR V3?
I have looked everywhere and can't find anything substaintial.

I have a very basic fixed length binary header that I need to parse,
and instead of writing a parser for C, Java and Python, I want to use
ANTLR to generate them so I only have to manage one file when I get
ready to update the headers.

I know the V3 generators for Python and C might not be cutting edge,
but I wanted to try and be as forward looking as possible.

I can always fall back to 2.x if 3.x isn't ready for prime time.

Thanks in advance.