[antlr-interest] ANTLR v3 compatible with GPL?

Anthony Youngman Anthony.Youngman at eca-international.com
Wed Aug 16 08:05:14 PDT 2006

Oops ... I failed to mention ...

Look at what the GPL says about sublicencing and the licence your
recipients get to code you don't own ... it says basically "each
recipient receives a licence direct from the original copyright holder".

So when you pass on your modified Antlr, the recipients get their
licence to the main Antlr bits direct from Ter. And as the only licence
he grants is the BSD, that's what they get, not the GPL.

Cheers,
Wol