[antlr-interest] An editor GUI for Grammar

Richard Musiol mail at richard-musiol.de
Thu Aug 17 04:07:46 PDT 2006

Hi,

that's basically what I'm working on at the moment. My editor is based
on Eclipse and you can attach several code processors, which consist of
an ANTLR grammar and some additional Java classes (I recently added
Groovy support, too).
It currently supports incremental lexer execution, embedded languages
(like PHP in HTML), requested lexer changes (the PHP processor for
example looks for "<?" to activate itself), synchronized parser
execution in multiple threads and some other features to allow the
editor to understand as much of the input as possible, including the
relations between different languages.
 From the GUI side of view it currently only supports syntax checking,
syntax highlighting and experimental indenting and auto completion, but
this is because I want to finish the core first.
So the whole is still under heavy development, but I think you could be
interested. What do you think?

Bye,
Richard