[antlr-interest] Giving error while reducing rule

pradeep kulkarni pradeep_koolkarni at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 29 03:17:21 PDT 2006

hi ,
I have written parser to parse select statement .Facing one problem there. Following rule is not getting reduced.

displayed_column: column_name
                   | expr

column_name: (a_dot_b_id | keyword);

expr  : function LP (variable)* RP;

function : a_dot_b_id;

a_dot_b_id : id DOT a_dot_b_id;

id :  NQ_ID | DQ_ID

input : select a, a.b() from dual;

 ERROR
 line 1:14: expecting "from", found '('
          Len = 6 -- Col = 1 -- name = select

 i tried to use syntactic perdicates but not working .

displayed_column: column_name
                    | expr
At the time of recsing this rule its always taking first predicate not choosing secoding predicate if a_dot_b_id is followed by ' (' (LP).  My requirement is   on input stream a.b() something like appears then it should choose expr rule.

thanks in advance .

Pradeep