[antlr-interest] ANTLRWorks1.0b1 user friendliness

Montebello asmith at moncons.co.uk
Thu Aug 31 04:24:50 PDT 2006

Hi Ter and Jean,

Firstly, thanks for a very good tool and prompt responses!

I think that there are some minor improvements that could be made to its
 use-ability. These are:
(a) Restore previous window sizes and positions on start up or add an
option to choose this behaviour to the Preferences. (This might  be the
most difficult to implement of these suggestions. My OS is Windows 2KPro.)
(b) Increase the options for the choice of file(s) to be loaded on start
up. At the least add the "File last saved" to the Preferences options
and preferably an option for "All files loaded when shut down" as well.
(c) Remove any status line message when the console itself is cleared -
particularly any red error message.
(d) Add a confirmatory "OK" to the present console message and a green
status line message when a Grammar (or other) check is passed or
completed. (In combination with the need for (c) this is the most
annoying deficiency to me.)

The improvements in the latest version were definitely in the right
direction,
Andrew Smith