[antlr-interest] Problem when trying to run John Merrell's tutorial (from antlr.org Getting Started page)

Jorn Ronnow jorn.news at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 04:21:59 PST 2006

I'm trying to work my way through John Merrell's ANTLR tutorial
(http://www.merrells.com/blog/work/archives/2002/01/accent_vol_2_no.html,
linked from http://www.antlr.org/doc/getting-started.html).

I've generated the lexer and parser files, and compiled them and Merrell's
main.cpp.

When I try to run the example, I get an access violation ("Access violation
reading location 0x00000014") following a call to parser.expr().

This is what happens in main():

    CalcLexer lexer(cin);
    CalcParser parser(lexer);
    parser.expr();

Tracing the call to CalcParser::expr(), I see that this function tries to
call astFactory->create(LT(1)), but astFactory is NULL, which makes the
program crash.

Clues, anyone?

(Compiler: MS VC++ 2005. ANTLR 2.7.7 lib built with static RTL, Merrell's
sample prog built with static RTL.)

(This message may be duplicated. I had problems posting it, so I've made a
few retries.)

--
/Jörn