[antlr-interest] Using ANTLR3 in an Eclipse Environment

Foolish Ewe foolishewe at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 6 09:09:32 PST 2006

Hi Ryan:

Sorry for the delay in replying. thanks for the info. Your description of
how I plan
to use ANTLR seems right.

Informally, I'm writing a language which interfaces with "back end" that
performs
the actions written in the parsed langauge.

In our case, we want to make a java application that uses the ANTLR parser
as a
"front end", i.e. to support a sort of scripting language interface.

So you are right, I want to use ANTLRworks to manage the front end (at least
in
the short term), and have the generated Parser and Lexer java files import
the
classes used in the backend, and invoke the backend stuff in grammar actions
or by walking the AST.

How do you access the ANTLR Jar without compiling ANTLR, do you use
the ANTLRworks Jar (which I presume has all relevant ANTLR classes embedded
in it)?

I'm going to try ANTLR beta 1.08 today, I haven't had luck with package
statments
in the @header sections yet, maybe this will be the fix.

Regards:

Bill M.