[antlr-interest] information about the v3 book

Terence Parr parrt at cs.usfca.edu
Mon Dec 18 09:28:27 PST 2006

Hi,

I have been speaking to the pragmatic programmers bookshelf people
about the beta PDF of the book that will come out in January.  I know
that people are pre-ordering the book from Amazon (it's
supercheap...like $21), but I think some of you will want the PDF
before the book comes out printed in May. Here is what the
development editor says about the deals you get with PDF handbook
from the pragmatic programmers website.

> When your book comes out in beta, the beta book is ONLY available
> via the
> Pragmatic Bookshelf Web site. When beta is ready, there will be two
> links on
> your book page on the site: one to buy beta book now and and paper
> book when
> released, and one other link to buy just the beta book.
>
> 1. People who choose to buy beta book now and paper book when
> released pay
> only the retail price for the book (that is, the beta book comes
> "free" with
> purchase).
>
> 2. People who choose to buy the beta book only will pay
> significantly less
> (about half the price of the printed book) but will not have access
> to the
> printed book when it's available.
>
> Obviously option #1 is the better deal, but that can only be done
> via the
> Pragmatic Bookshelf Web site. So tell your fans out there to order
> from the
> Pragmatic Bookshelf site (in January) rather than Amazon if they
> want both
> the beta and paper book deal. Also, buying from the Pragmatic site
> is a
> better deal for people who want both the paper book and final PDF
> versions
> of the book, because the PDF versions are only available there.

Ter