[antlr-interest] Quastion About How To Write Grammars with Positional Restriction v3

Alexandre Porcelli porcelli at uol.com.br
Mon Dec 18 15:01:30 PST 2006

Hi All,

  I'd like to ask you, if is possible (and if yes, how) to write
grammars based on positional files.

  My necessity is to write a grammar for a specific report, and to
identify, for instance a line format, I need to check the first
character.

  Is it possible and, is it possible mix positional with lex rules?

Sample Report:

DXXXX      *MABCDEFG YYYYYYYYYYYY
W          W         YYYYYYYYYYYY
MPOCTPPPPCP                  AXXXXXXXXXX                9999    O
LAAAA.BCDE                                                     305
V                                            DV
T%%TIME=*
ZPOCTPPPPBABCDEFGHIJ                                                    V300
IPOCT1040-POCTPPPP   ODAT
QINIT                0001
OPOCT1040-POCTPPPP   ODAT-
BYY
R.        ..                                                    E2
C,,,,ANYSTEP         O001OK    ,,,,ANYSTEP
C      12345678 M

Best Regards,
Alexandre Porcelli