[antlr-interest] generating cyclic state machines in Java

Terence Parr parrt at cs.usfca.edu
Sat Feb 4 16:13:32 PST 2006

Hi,

When generating v3 Java code, the tiny DFA class objects fit easily
into the Java output file, but after compilation, you see hundreds
of .class files :(  Any suggestions?  The key is that we must handle
arbitrary cyclic DFA with heterogeneous states; i.e., each state has
to be able to deal with semantic predicates etc...  I'm convinced
arbitrary gotos cannot be faked in pure java without a method call...

Ugh...i hate looking at the output dir now :(

Ter