[antlr-interest] v3 - limit on number of rules in lexer with MAX_STATES_PER_DFA = 1000?

Neil Fitzpatrick fitztaylor at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 16:09:53 PST 2006

Hi,

I've been building up a simple grammar in antlr3 which has a fairly large
number of keywords (around 100 so far).  I've now hit a point where if I had
one more keyword to the lexer.g the generation of the lexer fails in the
NFAToDFAConverter where it hits the 1000 limit for MAX_STATES_PER_DFA.

I've recompiled with an increased limit and this fixes the problem but I'm
not sure if this is a bug in v3 or me doing something stupid in the lexer
grammar.  Any ideas?

Thanks, Neil