[antlr-interest] Fwd: Selectively disabling lexer rules

Martin Traverso mtraverso at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 18:03:38 PST 2006

> T'would mean that you with need to distinguish "?" followed by
> whitespace (always a binary operator) from "?" followed by a printable
> character (binary or unary, by context).

While I do think this is something that the lexer should be able to handle
(obviously, dependent on context, which has to be dictated by the parser),
the problem does not really go away if you push it up to the parser. In that
case, you still need to disambiguate between the "match-all" token that
comes after the '?' and every other token the lexer can recognize.

Martin