[antlr-interest] Problems with x86_64 compile.

Mike Matera antlr at fatboycentral.com
Thu Jan 12 11:07:58 PST 2006

Hi,

I have not been able to sucessfully use ANTLR (c++ mode) on my x86_64
machine when it is natively compiled.  A 32-bit binary works fine.  The
symptom is:

Given this lexer rule:

STRING_LIT
  : '"'! ( '"' '"'! | ~('"'|'\n'|'\r') )*
  ( '"'!
  | // nothing -- write error message
  )
  ;

Given this input (quotes are included in the input):

"sleep"

The following error is generated:

(After getting an antlr::TokenStreamRecognitionException)
line 1:18: unexpected char: 's'

After further investigation I discovered that I am not able to use wildcards
at all.  They seem to match nothing.  I suspect this is a 64bit issue.  I
will do further investigation into the cause, but wanted to bring up this
issue in case anyone has seen it before.  Also I'm pretty new to ANTLR (and
love it) so it'll take me some time to slog through the code before I'm able
to make much sense of it.

Cheers
./m