[antlr-interest] status

Terence Parr parrt at cs.usfca.edu
Mon Jul 3 10:30:48 PDT 2006

Just to let you know what I've been working on last week (and being
silent):

backtrack mode that let's you type in any old crap and ANTLR will
backtrack if it can't figure out what you meant.  No errors are
reported by antlr during analysis.  It implicitly adds a syn pred in
front of every production, using them only if static grammar LL(*)
analysis fails.

A java 1.5 grammar from the spec. that is clean and readable...was
started by Dieter Frej and I played around heavily looking at a
variety of sources.

I experimented a great deal with Rats!, the PEG generator and
converted it's java grammar to ANTLR v3 to see how well ANTLR could
deal with it.  Whence, the backtrack mode.  That damn Rats! tool is
fast!

I have a few big bugs queued up; thanks for the email...

I hope to have b2 out in a day or two.

Ter