[antlr-interest] Suggestion to the list

Stanimir Stamenkov stanio at myrealbox.com
Sat Jun 3 00:01:43 PDT 2006

/Ëï¼Í¸Õ Jigang (Robert) Sun/:

> Emails from antlr mailing list come with only sender's email
> address, so sometimes I feedback directly to the sender without
> replacinging sender's with antlr-interest at antlr.org. Could the
> system make the sender's address secondary/optional, and the
> list's address as sender's address? I think thus better.

I think it is not good to change any of the original headers,
however I don't think there's problem to add new headers. The
mailing list system adds some mailing list specific headers (as per
RFC 2369 [1]) and I see them in my mail client [2] (though my mail
client is not aware of the purpose of these headers and doesn't
reply to the mailing list by default), and I've seen on some mailing
lists a 'Reply-To' header added (if it is not already specified by
the sender) pointing to the mailing list address, which helps in
this situation.

[1] http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2369.txt
[2] http://www.geocities.com/stanio/temp/mailing_list_headers.png

--