[antlr-interest] LL(1), LL(k), LL(*), predicated decisions

Jeff Barnes jbarnesweb at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 5 21:25:36 PDT 2006

Terence,

I've watched you talk about the problems of the
implementation you chose for the cyclic DFAs for
months now... Perhaps you should consider another
alternative. Seems like you're trying to brute-force
the Cargill pattern in the name of performance.

http://www.geocities.com/jbarnesweb/fsmsurvey.pdf

Consider the Knowledge pattern...

Jeff

--- Terence Parr <parrt at cs.usfca.edu> wrote:

> Followup...i just generated from java.g using all
> new-style DFA and
> the resulting code is just huge.  Too much overhead
> to uncompress and
> set up those DFA :(  I think we're better off doing
> inline DFA for
> fixed LL(k) decisions.  Oh well.  Worth the few
> hours of investigation.
>
> Ter

=========
Jeff Barnes
(206)245-6100

Few things are impossible to diligence and skill.
--- Samuel Johnson (Rasselas Chap. xii.)