[antlr-interest] ANTLR 3.0b1 is out!

Terence Parr parrt at cs.usfca.edu
Thu Jun 29 10:18:50 PDT 2006

On Jun 29, 2006, at 10:22 AM, Micheal J wrote:

> Ter,
>
> Nice. Now the internal APIs are stable, I expect pending codegen
> targets
> will make an appearance.

Only one thing to think about, which was that autobacktracking mode;
interestingly, it is a front-end / analysis issue and the backends
shouldn't be affected.  The "language" I speak to the targets is just
a DFA predictor (in terms of analysis)...still, I'd wait a week or
two ;)

>> Get it while it's hot! ;)  Linked to from main download page now:
>>
>> A new version of ANTLRWorks containing this beta will be up soon.
>
> Any updates on this?

Jean will have it out shortly...

>> A tweaked version of Mantra language example is also posted.
>>
>> http://www.linguamantra.org/
>
> One suggestion, offer historical versions of mantra with a note
> stating what
> ANTLR v3 version they require. Example:
> 	mantra-v0.0.1.tar.gz  (requires ANTLR v3 ea1)
> 	mantra-v0.0.2.tar.gz  (requires ANTLR v3 ea5)
> 	mantra-v0.2.0.tar.gz  (requires ANTLR v3 b1)

Oh, good point; though now I can't remember! ;)

Ter