[antlr-interest] Article against TreeWalkers

Anthony Youngman Anthony.Youngman at eca-international.com
Fri Mar 10 02:16:44 PST 2006

:-)

I had intended to send this reply in response to the switch/interface
post.

In my studies I came across something that said "only 50% progress from
concrete to abstract thought". Okay, I guess most of us here are in the
50% that have progressed.

But a switch statement is a far more concrete construct than an
interface. I'm fine with metadata, but I find Antlr pushing me into
realms I have problems with.

I guess what I'm trying to say is "Antlr is a complex tool. Some of its
advanced techniques may be beyond the ability of some people to
comprehend". It's in that context that the ability to provide a concrete
model for the weaker members to get their brain round is worth its
weight in gold.

Cheers,
Wol