[antlr-interest] Attributes on AST nodes

Andy Tripp antlr at jazillian.com
Thu Mar 23 07:02:37 PST 2006

Priya wrote:

>Is there a way to directly encode the precision and width information as
>a.precision , b.precision  a.width b.width etc directly  in the node itself?

Yes, just make your own subclass of antlr.Token.
There's some method to tell the lexer to create instances of your
subclass rather than antlr.Token objects.
I can't remember offhand what that method is, as I've done it the way it
should be done...

Have this interface:
interface TokenFactory {
    antlr.Token makeToken(int type);
}

Have this method in the lexer:
public void setTokenFactory(TokenFactory tokenFactory) {

I hope that ANTLR v3 does it this way (maybe it already does it this way
- I'm still on 2.7.2)