[antlr-interest] how to concatenate string nodes into one node when create AST?

Charlie Yang Cyang at infobal.com
Tue May 9 13:50:18 PDT 2006

Hi:

I'm doing kind of SQL parser, want to control the Construction of AST.

if I do like below in the grammar,
argument ! :
      	an:argument_name  at:argument_type
	{ #argument = #([FUNCTION_ARGU, "argu"], #an, #at  ); }

the output AST sub tree would be:
	("argu",        argument_name, argument_type ).   "argu" is root,
and two others are children.

How can I combine string type child nodes into single one child node like
that ?:
	("argu",          argument_name + argument_type )
         or    ("argu",        argument_name + SPACE + argument_type )

Thanks,
Charlie