[antlr-interest] big XML file support

Brannon King brannonking at yahoo.com
Mon May 15 13:59:12 PDT 2006

Suppose I have a file that looks like this:

<a>
  <b>
    <c>
    </c>
    <c binary="true">
<CDATA[[ about 10GB of binary data ]]>
    </c>
  </b>
</a>

I need a parser to go through and build up a structure with the tree but
without any <d> or binary data. Instead, I just want to record the file
locations for those and I'll go pull them from the file when I need them. Is
ANTLR a good tool to do that or am I better off parsing by hand? Or should I
use Xerces? Or, the real question, does ANTLR have some ability to do
XML-type structures easily? What are the largest files you've parsed using
ANTLR? I'm using C++. Thanks for your time.