[antlr-interest] streamlining grammars to avoid out of memory errors

Anthony Harrison anh23 at pitt.edu
Wed May 24 11:35:23 PDT 2006

Folks who know:
 I poked around the wiki and the rest of the site and found no hints
regarding this question, so I turn to the folks who know.
 Do you have an general heuristics for grammar writing to limit the
memory consumption?
A quick look at the code generated doesn't lead me to any obvious
conclusions other than perhaps limiting the number of options within a
rule.

 Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

 Oh, what a wiki page this would make. ;-)

  Anthony M. Harrison
  http://simon.lrdc.pitt.edu/~harrison/
  anh23 at pitt.edu
  Learning Research and Development Center
  University of Pittsburgh