[antlr-interest] v3 stream input

Martin Probst mail at martin-probst.com
Fri May 26 22:23:24 PDT 2006

Hi,

> public class ANTLRInputStream extends ANTLRStringStream {
>
> 	public ANTLRInputStream(InputStream stream) throws IOException
> 	{
> 		load(stream);
> 	}
>
> 	public void load(InputStream istream) throws IOException
> 	{
> 		BufferedReader br = new BufferedReader(new
> 			InputStreamReader(istream));

This is the place that is going to bite you some day - you need to
allow specifying a charset somehow, always taking the system default
is maybe a bit too optimistic.

> 		CharArrayWriter wr = new CharArrayWriter();
> 		BufferedWriter bw = new BufferedWriter(wr);

I think you don't need to have a buffered writer around an im memory
char array, but then again, I'm not that great in the complex
scientific topic that is reading a simple file in Java ;-)