[antlr-interest] we can do push/pop error stuff for 4%

Kay Roepke kroepke at dolphin-services.de
Sat May 27 15:14:06 PDT 2006

On 28. May 2006, at 0:02 Uhr, Olivier Dragon wrote:

> to make things fair :) (and possibly avoid duplicating code that
> actually might work fine)

Actually, there are numerous people that suggest the java.util.Stack
is slow and in most cases not the thing to use.
Unless we need the synchronized behavior of Vector (which Stack is
just a thin wrapper for) we are better off with a
custom stack.
A simple google search on "java.util.Stack performance" shows that
ANTLR is not the only project suffering from bad
collection classes...:(

If it actually increases the speed of ANTLR manifold, I'd argue
against java.util.* ;)

-k