[antlr-interest] Installing ANTLR

Peggy Fieland madcapmaggie at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 7 10:13:15 PST 2006

You need to rename the file back to Makefile.in and do

configure

mostly you can do it without supplying any other options but try

configure --help

to see what else you can specify.

The configue is a script that generates the makefiles  (and other stuff, if necessary).

Randolph Tan <ren_c_tan at yahoo.com> wrote: Greetings!

  I would like to ask a simple question. I know this may sound stupid but I'm really stucked.

  I am following the intructions on the install.txt of ANTLR 2.7.6 and got this message after I typed "make install"

  make: *** No rule to make target 'install'. Stop.

  Btw, I am using WinXp so I used MinGW. I also tried using CygWin, but it doesn't have the make utility installed by default - I don't know how to get it.

  I don't quite understand why it won't work since I saw install inside the makefile. Then, I noticed that the file inside the antlr-2.7.6 is Makefile.in so I tried renaming it to Makefile and executed "make install". Then I got this message instead:

  Makefile 6: *** Mising separator. Stop.

   Thanks!

Margaret Fieland
    www.margaretfieland.com

Sponsored Link

$200,000 mortgage for $660/mo - 30/15 yr fixed, reduce debt, home equity - Click now for info