[antlr-interest] ANTLR3 AST construction withoptionsandalternatives

Foolish Ewe foolishewe at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 14 05:51:19 PST 2006

Thanks Kay:

That is very helpful, good notation is like clean living, a good, helpful
and sometimes necessary
thing :-).

Currently I am thinking about what sort of semantic processing my language
needs.
Since the AST is "walked" during tree construction, I'm hoping to complete
any needed
processing during the initial construction phase, however until I start
trying stuff, I'm not
sure if I will be so lucky.  In the event that I might need to walk
part of the tree after construction, am I right that this is typically done
in Java
(based on what I noticed
at:http://www.antlr.org/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=754) ,
or does ANTLR have a grammar for traversing the AST after construction as
well?

Regards:

Bill M.

Kay Roepke wrote on November 14, 2006