[antlr-interest] Tip for Eclipse Users

Randall R Schulz rschulz at sonic.net
Wed Nov 15 14:59:15 PST 2006

Hi,

Perhaps this is SOP for most Eclipse users, but being rather far from an
Eclipse power user, I just discovered it. And then, it was only by
accident after Terence supplied my an interim JAR file that included
both .class and .java files. What I'm talking about is Eclipse's
ability to access Java source files from an external JAR file in its
build path.

So my tip is to take the source files from a release tarball and merge
them with the results of expanding lib/antlr-v3.0b5.jar and build a new
JAR from the combined contents. Use that in Eclipse and you can browse
the source with all the power of Eclipse's navigation features and get
the JavaDoc pop-ups and whatnot, as well.

Randall Schulz