[antlr-interest] v3 c# code gen: filter=true problem

Paul Shaffer antlr1 at cyberplasm.com
Thu Nov 23 10:52:48 PST 2006

On Nov 23, 2006, at 6:58 AM, Paul Shaffer wrote:
> By the way this page
> http://www.antlr.org/wiki/display/ANTLR3/Lexical+filters
> makes no sense to me -- the description and the grammer
> example don't match. Of course I have about 24 hours time
> with antlr3 and no antlr 2 experience.

Looks ok to me.

Ter
===========

My problem is I couldn't read the example all the way through, where is "TYPE", it's not defined.
I know it's a trivial case, but it's hard for a beginner. The scanner for TYPE was left out of the
example.
TYPE WS name=ID '[]'? WS? (';'|'=')

The real issue was why does the parser stop working
with the option filter=true? My target purpose was
to discard anything that didn't parse in the input
and stop all the error messages. I'd turn off the
error reports but I don't know how to do that either. Otherwise
the parser seems usable for what I need it for. You refer
to a rapid prototyping mode that I might be able to use
but I couldn't quite figure it out.

The other main problem is I'd like to see all the
source for the c# runtime. I sent an email to someone
who I think it the author, but no reply. Reflection
is all I have now, and it would be much better to see the
code... all this matters since there's no api doc.