[antlr-interest] philosophy about translation

Monty Zukowski monty at codetransform.com
Fri Oct 6 10:40:52 PDT 2006

> My main point is that it's ok to have multiple tree structures, L and
> L', but the union and/or slow morphing of one to the other is a total
> pain I've found.

Personally, I didn't find it to be too painful, but I did jump through
hoops to organize my code so that I knew that if I changed expr() in
one tree grammar that I would remember to change it in all of them.
For what I was doing I'd rather be using tree grammars than anything
else I could think of.

Monty