[antlr-interest] tree/token manipulation

Robert Hill rob.hill at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Oct 17 15:27:28 PDT 2006

Hi all,
	I have a rule that allows me to have syntactic shortcuts in my
language

So,

Select a using b,pack

Is the same as writing

Select a using b;
Pack a using b;

When I come across the first shortcut form in the AST, how can I transform
it into the second, effectively rewriting the tokens in the stream to the
next pass so the next treeparser sees the second form?
Can this be done easily? Or do I have to maintain the checks for the ',pack'
on subsequent grammars?

Ok, I realise this is dangerously close to the tree transform argument LOL,
but it would save me LOTS of typing :)

Thanks,

Rob