[antlr-interest] How to look only for one rule?

Loring Craymer lgcraymer at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 21 14:32:19 PDT 2006

Hmm.  In cases where you have a complete grammar (and
for C, the ANTLR 2 C grammar stuff done by Monty and
others is definitely complete), I usually find it
better to take that and recognize everything but only
process what you need.  I would suggest modifying the
C grammar to build trees that only contain the methods
of interest and none of the stuff that you want to
ignore.  That gets you to a solution fast, and also
leaves room for extending the range of what you are
interested in later.

--Loring