[antlr-interest] How to disable error recovery?

Gerz, Michael Gerz at fgan.de
Fri Oct 27 03:24:39 PDT 2006

Hello,

in our project, we need a simple parser/lexer that stops at the very first error => no error recovery at all.

AFAICS, ANTLR 3.0 allows using

  @rulecatch {}

to disable error recovery. However, this doesn't seem to work for lexical errors. Is there another way to disable recovery _completely_?

BTW: Is @rulecatch a rule-specific action, a grammar-specific action, or both?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Michael

Dr. Michael Gerz
FGAN e.V.                                      Phone:  +49 228 9435-414
Department FKIE/ITF                            Fax:    +49 228 9435-685
Neuenahrer Straße 20                           E-Mail: gerz at fgan.de
53343 Wachtberg-Werthhoven                     WWW:    www.fgan.de