[antlr-interest] AST construction with an ObjC target, missing "AST.stg"

Kay Roepke kroepke at classdump.org
Fri Sep 29 11:52:03 PDT 2006

Hi!

On 29. Sep 2006, at 20:33 Uhr, K. Lo Shih wrote:

> It looks like an AST.stg is missing
>
>     antlr-3.0b4/src/org/antlr/codegen/templates/ObjC/AST.stg
>
> I'm not even sure what that template group does. Also, I'm not
> noticing any classes in the ANTLR.framework project (in
> "antlr-3.0b4/lib/ObjC/ANTLR.xcodeproj") that mirrors the
> org.antlr.runtime.tree.* Java classes, though I haven't really
> looked in it.

The b4 release didn't include the tree stuff, it wasn't done at that
point.

> Kay, I see you mention (http://www.antlr.org/wiki/display/ANTLR3/
> ANTLR3+Objective-C+Target) that you've got it building ASTs, is
> that right?

Yes. The current depot version has all that. I don't know when Ter
will cut the next release, but I could pack it up and post the link.
I'd have to include the complete ANTLR source code, though, since
there were some changes that affect code generation. I have to try
out the latest changes by Ter first, to make sure you can actually
use the stuff :)

Let me add that there are a couple of rough edges to the Objective C
runtime at this point. I've noticed a couple naming issues I want to
resolve (mostly renaming some methods to be consistent), so be
prepared for incompatible changes until the 3.0 release.

I'm taking a look at the state of the depot and will give you a link
to download the most recent version.

cheers,
-k