[antlr-interest] Quick Starter on Parser Grammars

Johannes Luber jaluber at gmx.de
Fri Apr 13 13:16:07 PDT 2007

Alexandre Porcelli wrote:
> I think this initiative very nice! Another think that I would like to
> suggest is to add to the wiki  some "common extensions" (ex: how-to
> emit more than a token per lex rule) and "patterns"  (ex:
> expressions).

I'm not familiar with common extensions in general - for this I am too
new to ANTLR. The same for those patterns with the exception of
expressions, if you mean, how one does change the precedence of
operators and left- and right-association. There is already a treatment
about this in the ANTLR book so I wouldn't know if it is okay with
Terence if I practically publish this part of the book (even if I write
the accompanying text myself). I'd say, it would be simpler if Terence
simply used the book text as starting point for a tutorial himself.

Best regards,
Johannes Luber