[antlr-interest] Architectural Suggestion: Pluggable Error Reporting

Marc-André Laverdière ma_laver at ciise.concordia.ca
Wed Apr 25 11:30:46 PDT 2007

Hello,

In the Java implementation, I'm seeing BaseRecognizer.emitErrorMessage,
that prints to stderr by default. I was thinking of this, and the
related functions, and saw that I could recommend something.

Maybe the error reporting logic could be delegated to an overridable
BaseErrorDisplayer class. The BaseRecognizer would have a set/get pair
to deal with it. It would not have much performance overhead and would
give us some customization for people like me who would like to report
directly to a GUI.

What do you think of this idea?

Regards,

--
Marc-André LAVERDIÈRE, B. Eng., M. A. Sc. (in progress)
Computer Security Laboratory - Laboratoire de sécurité informatique

/"\
\ /    ASCII Ribbon Campaign
  X      against HTML e-mail
/ \

"Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and
complete, not lacking anything." -James 1:4