[antlr-interest] how to let parser control lexer state.

Jim Idle jimi at temporal-wave.com
Sun Apr 29 00:24:59 PDT 2007

Indeed. Perhaps, someday, the world can require that any 'new' [insert
post-modernistic interpolation of 'reality' here ;-)] languages have to
have a sane ANTLR parser as proof of their ability not to drive anyone
with any sense mad and generally propagate the idea that languages
should be 'useful' on their own terms - 'useful' being really "I can't
be bothered to learn how to do this properly, so pass me the magic
bullet". I will be the first to program the windows Vista gun gadget
control to shoot anyone deciding that indenting should be
lexically/grammatically significant on the vague justification that it
makes people format code - something that a good programmer should do
naturally anyway.

<duck>

Jim