[antlr-interest] Repeated explicit evaluation of the tree in ANTLR3.

pganelin ganelin at mail.com
Tue Aug 7 18:00:55 PDT 2007

After I switched from ANTLR V2 to ANTL v3 I found that I can not
> walk repeatedly over the same tree multiple times within tree
> walker. To illustrate the problem I choose (Visual) Basic as a well
> known interpreted language.

>>see my tutorial.  seek on the stream.
>>Ter

Terence,
Do you mean this reference?

http://www.antlr.org/wiki/display/ANTLR3/Simple+tree-based+interpeter

with the example how to process CALL?

It does answers the original question, but I still have a more general question:

What was the reason for dropping first argument from all tree calls. Using push/pop method to essentially pass a parameter has some disadvantages.
The most evident: the call to pop should be within the "finally" clause to guard against mismatched pop in case of exception.

PS. I thought all the answers should be in the paid-for book not in some free materials on Internet  :-)