[antlr-interest] ANTLR V3, ANTLRWorks and C/C++ Target

Martin Kortmann email at kortmann.de
Wed Aug 8 07:44:44 PDT 2007

Hello Kai,

Kay Roepke schrieb:

> On Aug 8, 2007, at 3:56 PM, Martin Kortmann wrote:
>

> Well, there are other targets, you know...

Yes i know, C#, ObjectiveC, Phyton an Ruby seems to work.
I'am working in my projects with C++, C, perl, and m-script ;-)

> I'm not sure that the C target cannot be used with ANTLRWorks (actually
> it would suprise
> me a lot if it doesn't work). It's true, you cannot use the interpreter
> mode and ANTLRWorks
> can't compile your recognizers, but that's true with any target other
> than Java. It's
> just to much work and there are too many details to make it feasible.
>
> What you can do, though, is to use the -debug switch of ANTLR and then
> "Debug remote..."
> in ANTLRWorks. I use that with my ObjC stuff all the time. I'm pretty
> sure that's implemented
> in the C target as well.

Adding the -debug option in ANTLRWors brings the message
"Cannot create Grammar: template outputFile has no region
called imports", ANTLR native also, and there are Java
fragments inside the C-Source.

Martin