[antlr-interest] (Newbie) tree walker emits "GrammarSanity.traceStatesLookingForLeftRecursion "

ali azimi aliaazimi at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 8 18:16:43 PDT 2007

Hi,

  Thank you in advance for any advice.

  When I run my tree walker I receive some error messages which can be seen at the bottom of this page. The grammar is too long and can not be posted. I have tried to make sure that the grammar does not have any left recursion problem. The error messages do not give me adequate information as to where these errors are likely to be originated from. What would you suggest me to do?

  I appreciate any help a lot.

  Best regards,

  Al

  Errors:

  Check Grammar failed:

  (10): internal error: C:\Documents and Settings\ali\Desktop\antlr\FpCif12Walker.g: java.lang.NullPointerException

  Org.antlr.tool.GrammarSanity.traceStatesLookingForLeftRecursion (Unknown Source)
  Org.antlr.tool.GrammarSanity.checkAllRulesForLeftRecursion (Unknown Source)

  Org.antlr.tool.Grammar. checkAllRulesForLeftRecursion (Unknown Source)

  Org.antlr.codegen.CodeGenerator.genRecognizer (Unknown Source)

  Org.antlr.Tool.processGrammar (Unknown Source)

  Org.antlr.Tool. process (Unknown Source)

  Org.antlr.works.generate.CodeGenerate.generate (CodeGenerate.java:125)

  Org.antlr.works.generate.CodeGenerate.run (CodeGenerate.java:251)

  Java.lang.Thread.run (Unknown Source)